Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sorry Nick


The actor/ rapper Nick Cannon has struggled in the past to show people that he can be much more then just a silly teen star. I personally believe its mostly because of where he started, which is on Nickelodeon. However there is one song that Nick came out with that showed a serious side of him that was on a real and important topic, abortion.

The name of the song was " Can I Live" and on the track singing the chorus was Anthony Hamilton. I thought that this was an interesting combination considering the fact they are two different type on artist. Anyway the song speaks on how young women should reconsider having their fetus aborted and instead give birth. For me being pro choose, i would usually disagree with people who are pro life, but he had a lot of valid points in his song and he really was able to reach out to the audience with his words. This was a new vibe for me because I'm so use to Cannon being silly and goofy but the tone and mood of the song was the total opposite.

The video, which started Tatiana Ali, showed a young girl at an abortion clinic who is pregnant and scared, which is the exact same position that many girls find their selves in everyday, but at the last minute decides to walk away. I feel this video was needed to not only show that Nick has a serious side to him but to show girls that its okay to walk away from the abortion. So over all good job Nick it just a shame you haven't really came out with anything els hot since then ...smh

Okay My Blogger readers I'm Out for Now So Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment